Effective Date: September 22, 2023
- Who We Are
- How We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Additional Uses of Personal Information
- How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
- Children's Privacy
- How to Access or Update Your Information
- Links to Other Websites
- Managing Communication Preferences
- Information about our Privacy Governance Policies and Practices
- How to Contact Us
We collect Personal Information through our Services. There are five categories of information that we collect through the Services:
1. Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information you provide, for example when you enter the information into form fields on our Services. For example, we may collect:
- contact information, such as your name, business address, email address and phone number, which we use to administer your account and the Services, communicate with you and authenticate you as a user;
- communication preferences, including marketing preferences, which we use to manage how we engage with you;
- transaction history, which we use to tailor our communications to you;
- enquiries you make, including the content of your voice and text messages, which we use to respond to your enquiries; and
- online purchase information, including payment card information, purchase details and other transaction information, which we use to process purchases you make online, improve our e-commerce platform and your customer experience and contribute to our marketing efforts.
2. Information Collected Automatically
We use various technologies to collect other types of data that do not directly reveal your identity ("Other Information").
These technologies include the following:
Logging Functionality: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We generally only use this data for purposes such as security, fraud detection, and protecting our rights.
Most Internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your Internet browser, or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may result in your inability to take full advantage of all of the features of our Services.
Analytics: We may use analytics providers such as Google Analytics to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of our Services. We may also use the analytics providers FullStory and Hotjar to measure website usage statistics. Data about the general attributes of your device may also be collected when you use the mobile application. To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information on the services provided to us by FullStory, visit https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy-policy To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by FullStory, visit https://www.fullstory.com/optout. For more information on the services provided to us by Hotjar, visit https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy. To opt out of the collection of data about you on our website by Hotjar, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Opt-Out Marketing.”
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operating our business, delivering our products and services, managing your accounts and programs, and for any other lawful, legitimate business purposes for which you have given your express consent or for which your consent may be inferred;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or enquiries;
- Processing and completing your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, enrollment in our programs, processing payments for online purchases and delivering products or services;
- Providing you with newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information that are tailored to your interests or purchase behaviour;
- Contacting you about programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or sharing with you special offers from other companies;
- Providing you with programs, promotional information, offers, and other information that are personally tailored to your interests and purchase behaviour;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar enquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- Alerting you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- Administering sweepstakes and promotions that we may choose to run or contacting you regarding a contest prize;
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations; and
Service Providers: We share your Personal Information with third-party service providers and affiliates who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit, such as for administering programs, payment processing, marketing, analytics, or to verify customer data, such as mailing addresses.
Third-Party Mobile App Providers: With your knowledge and consent, the Services may gather and transfer your information, including location information, from and to other applications, functions and tools within your mobile device.
Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement: We and our Canada, US and other foreign service providers may provide your Personal Information to legal or government regulatory authorities, law enforcement, or US or foreign courts in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, as and when required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of an individual, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
Business Transfers: Your Personal Information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third-party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. In such case, we will comply with the confidentiality and use restrictions for business transactions as required by applicable law.
Bankruptcy: In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership your Personal Information may be disclosed or sold as part of the reorganization or liquidation process.
We and our service providers (including affiliates) may access, store and otherwise process personal data outside of your province (including, for Quebec residents, outside of Quebec), including in other parts of Canada, the United States, and other foreign jurisdictions where we or our affiliated and unaffiliated service providers are located.
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit Personal Information online from children under the age of 14. We encourage parents or guardians to participate in and monitor their children’s online activity. If a child under 14 has provided Personal Information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us (see the “How to Contact Us” section below) to request that we remove the information from our systems. If you are under the age of 14, do not provide us with any Personal Information either directly, on any website bulletin boards, or by other means.
You have the right to request that UNFI provide you with the Personal Information it collects, uses, and discloses about you and to receive an accounting of the third parties to whom UNFI has disclosed your Personal Information.
Requested information will be provided to you free of charge, unless the information you seek is extensive or UNFI will have to incur costs to prepare the information in a useable format, in which case we may charge you a reasonable fee to provide the requested information. We shall advise you in advance of the costs to provide the requested information and you have the option to withdraw your request.
You may also review your Personal Information that is readily accessible through our Services or contact us to request that it be updated by contacting us (see the “How to Contact Us” section below).
There are certain exceptions to your right to access your Personal Information. UNFI will state in its response if an exception applies.
Right of Correction
You have the right to request that UNFI and our service providers correct, update or supplement any Personal Information about you that you can demonstrate is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. You may request to withdraw your consent by emailing or writing to us (see the “How to Contact Us” section below).
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer period is required by law. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or data retention policies, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You can submit your request regarding your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNFI must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the individual about whom the request relates to process the request. To verify identity, we may request up to three pieces of Personal Information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We may also request that you sign a declaration under the penalty of perjury from the individual whose Personal Information is the subject of the request.
Making a verifiable individual request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in your request to verify your identity and will delete any identification information you provide after processing the request. UNFI reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of individuals where we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
Contact for More Information
For your information and convenience, our Services contain links to websites operated by third parties. Our website may also include features like buttons and widgets hosted by other companies (for example, the Twitter “Tweet” button). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your Personal Information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the planned changes.
If you sign-up to receive marketing communications, we may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services depending on the method of communication selected. You may ask us not to do so when you access our websites or mobile applications or change your preferences by updating any accounts you have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information below or by following the unsubscribe instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
Printed Materials: To opt-out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements, flyers, or postcards, please write to us at the address below. Please be sure to include your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on the printed marketing materials you received.
Emails: To opt-out of receiving marketing communications via email, please send an unsubscribe request to the email address below or click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you and follow the directions on the resulting web page. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related electronic messages from us.
We are committed to protecting personal information and have implemented a comprehensive set of policies and practices that govern our treatment of Personal Information. These policies and procedures include, among other things, the following:
- We have implemented policies and procedures to protect Personal Information in our custody and control from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- We have implemented processes to respond to data subject requests and complaints in a timely and effective manner.
- We have implemented a framework for the retention and destruction of Personal Information to ensure compliance with legal obligations, and to securely destroy Personal Information once no longer required.
- We have designated a Sr. Privacy Manager who is responsible for overseeing the company’s compliance with privacy legislation.
- We have implemented a privacy framework that defines the roles and responsibilities for our employees with respect to the treatment of Personal Information.
- We provide our employees with regular privacy training and awareness.
Kim Myrdahl, Chief Privacy Officer
Lynette Stocker, Sr. Privacy Manager
11840 Valley View Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Email Address: email@example.com